Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog ragpickers.blogs.lincoln.ac.uk. Thank you for taking interest in what I’m doing and in what I’m about to experience in the next weeks, when I’ll be doing an internship with Chintan, an NGO in Delhi. I hope you’ll find this blog informative as well as enriching and also hope that it will make you aware of some of the issues surrounding the activity of rag picking. At this moment in time it is very hard for me to tell how this blog will develop.  There are however some things which I can say in advance.

Let me start with a confession. Part of why I write this blog is of a rather selfish nature. I hope that I can use this space in order to write down my experiences and thoughts and so hopefully keep some sort of record of what’s on my mind and where my journey will take me, physically, academically, but also emotionally. So despite this blog being hosted by the University of Lincoln, its content will not be of an academic nature. Please also don’t expect this blog to be of exemplary grammar and style. Due to the time constrains, which I will be bound to when I’m in India, I will unfortunately not have the time to worry about how everything is written.

Another important reason why I write this blog is that I want to keep my family, friends, colleagues and anyone else who’s interested in what I’m doing, updated whilst I’m away. In the following entries I also want to introduce what my internship will be all about and what rag picking actually means.

I furthermore hope to be able to upload photographs of my journey as a visual addition to my written accounts. I hope this will help me to also visually share my experiences with you.

Thank you very much for visiting my blog.

All the best,

Sven

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Welcome!

1. Famille SCHILTZ says:

We wish you all the best for your trip. We’ll follow all your updates.
    We love you and are proud of you.